I hope you are doing good and enjoying your Christmas Holidays. I am here with my first yummy chicken stew recipe you can make using a Pressure Cooker.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 6-7 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 medium sized onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup spring onions, both whites and greens, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 2 tablespoons fresh hung curd (Or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves OR celery, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & white pepper, as per taste
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil, for cooking
- 4 whole chicken legs, cut into thighs and drumsticks
Prepare the Marinade
- Take a large bowl and combine the hung curd (or yogurt) with some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, some chopped coriander (or celery), balsamic vinegar, parsley, rosemary, oregano and chili flakes. Mix them well and add the turmeric, some salt, pepper and few drops of olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and mix them well. Place them in the refrigerator for couple of hours for the chicken to marinate well.
Prepare the Stew
- After couple of hours, take the bowl out of the chiller. Heat some olive oil in a pressure cooker over medium flame. Once hot, add the bay leaf, peppercorns and cloves. As they start tempering, add the minced garlic, onions and spring onions. Fry them for a while.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix it well. Fry it for 5-10 minutes and then add the chicken stock. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, if needed.
- Once you have everything sent, lock the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it over high flame for 10-15 minutes. Thereafter, reduce the pressure and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from flame and let the pressure release by itself.
- Thereafter, open the lid of the cooker and scoop out the chicken pieces. Let them cool slightly and then shred those using forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the stew and stir. Yummy chicken stew is ready.
- Serve hot.