Some like their eggs poached and some like it boiled. Hard boiled eggs are probably the best energy snack out there. From breakfast to side dish, hard boiled eggs have a special place in our life. Traditionally served with black pepper and dash of salt, the most intimidating part about these great eggs is under-cooking them, especially when someone is not a fan of the flowing yolk and peeling the shells off, which is a battle on its own. This one appetizer is a breakfast necessity and a kid’s favorite, and not just this, you will see yourself using hard boiled eggs in your main dishes as well. This is why it is rather necessary to have the yolk fully cooked.
While Boiling takes approximately 10 good minutes, the most tedious task of peeling the shells lies ahead and can break or make your eggs. If your eggs are overly boiled, the shell tends to get more sticky and results in a mess. So how to get the perfect shell-less hard boiled eggs using your Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Some Water
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place trivet at the bottom inside of the instant pot.
- Stack eggs on top of the trivet. Make sure that the eggs have space to move and avoid over-layering.
- Add one cup of water to the pot, just enough to have the eggs fully submerged in them.
- Close the lid, clamp the lock and set the pot to High pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally, followed by a quick release if necessary.
- Put your eggs in a bowl of cold water and peel away the skin.
- Season with black pepper or salt. and SERVE!
Here is the video recipe in case you are a visual person:
Voila! there you have it. Perfect Hard boiled eggs without the unnecessary mess. Serve them separately or as a snack or even as a dressing, with the instant pot you can be 100% sure with the hard boiled part.