The perfect Sunday’s and a hearty meal, this is what pot roast reminds us all of. The classic pot roast and potatoes is considered one of the best dishes and can take plenty of time to cook as well. After all the roast has to be perfect, the potatoes have to have the smooth texture followed by the perfect thick gravy. All of this can be a intimidating task as there exists no compromise as far as the quality of this recipe is concerned. While several versions of the recipe exist, the most quick yet delicious pot roast of your life can be made instantly in a Instant Pot.
Check out this easy recipe which would let you prepare this marvel in half the time.
Serving: 6 person
Total Preparation Time: 1 and half hour
Cooking Level: Medium
- 3 to 4 pound of boneless beef chuck eye roast- 1 (and should be trimmed)
- Beef broth- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2
- Salt, as per taste
- Pepper, as per taste
- Vegetable oil- 1 tablespoon
- Yellow Onion- 1 ( fine chopped)
- Tomato paste- 2 tablespoons
- Dried Mushrooms- 1/2 ounce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- After you dry your beef from the rinsing, it’s time to season it with sufficient salt and pepper.
- Take your instant pot and select the Saute mode. This would be used for browning the beef. Add in oil and your beef piece and set the timer to 8-10 minutes. Make sure that it is browned all over. Remove once the desired result is obtained.
- Using the saute function again, add in oil to your instant pot and add in chopped onions to it. Add in the tomato paste and the mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes, until the onions are softened. Add in the beef broth and simmer for 3 minutes until the broth is reduced a bit.
- Now, put the browned beef piece on the broth and top with potatoes. Place the lid and secure your instant pot.
- Select High pressure and set the timer to 90 minutes mark. Once the instant pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. After the 15 minute mark, release all the pressure following quick release.
- As you remove the lid of the instant pot, be very careful. Next take your potatoes out in the serving dish followed by the browned beef, which should be covered in aluminum foil for sometime. Let it stay in the aluminum tent for 15 minutes.
- While the 15 minute rest, strain your mixture broth back into the instant pot. This broth will be thickened and will make the gravy of the dish.
- Select the saute mode, add in 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water to give it the gravy consistency.
- After your gravy is finished, take your beef roast out of the aluminum foil, place it in the serving dish and top on with the gravy made.
Serve while hot with some garlic bread and even rice. There you have it, the very easy yet traditional pot roast and potato gravy.