Not every day, one feels like spending much time in the kitchen. Some lazy days just make us want to relax and not really indulge into heavy duty cooking. As a solution to those relaxing days, here is the easy and quick one-pot chicken rice recipe, which would not require much time on your part and would be immensely satisfying as well.
This simple supper would be prepared all together in just one go, in your Instant Pot.
Serving: 6 person
Total Preparation time: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
- Boneless chicken thighs- one pound
- Shallots- 3 (diced)
- Carrots- 3 (diced)
- Mushrooms- 1 cup (sliced)
- Garlic cloves- 2 medium sized
- White rice- 1.5 cup ( should be rinsed and drained before hand)
- Chicken broth- 1.5 cups
- Chicken broth- 1/3 cup (for de-glazing pan)
- Chopped Thyme leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Salt- as per taste
- pepper- as per taste
- First of all, you would need to season your chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper
- Next select the saute mode on your instant pot and let it pre-heat the pot for 1.5 minutes. Then add in the chicken thighs to the heated oil.
- As the hot oil sear the chicken thighs, give it 5 minutes on each side, so that the thighs are well-seared.
- Once desired result is obtained, remove the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Add in the 1/3 cup of chicken broth. This is particularly useful as it will de-glaze the inside of the pot and will mix in all the flavor inside.
- Add shallot, mushroom, carrots, garlic and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add your remaining chicken broth, your drained rice, thyme and stir generously.
- Add in the chicken pieces on top of this mixture. Place the lid on and seal your instant pot.
- Select the high pressure option on the control panel of your instant pot and set the timer on for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally at its own pace. Do not use quick release at any cost.
- Pressure would ideally be released after 15 minutes or so, once it is released, unlock the lid and remove it.
- Use two fork and shred the chicken into pieces, while it is still in the pot.
- Mix well with the rice and stir. Your one pot rice and chicken is ready to be served.
Serve it hot with yogurt or mashed potatoes. This dish will be your ideal partner in those lazy days while being the best comfort food.